Welcome to AllArtWorks Featured Artist Series, where today we are featuring Tamsin Smith! Take a look at some original artwork by Tamsin, see her art studio, and meet the artist by reading her thoughts.
1. What other profession is similar to being an artist and why?
Scientists, like artists, are seekers. They also wander and aren’t afraid to experiment and risk failure to find what lies beyond conventional wisdom.
2. What’s the nicest thing you can remember someone said about your work, or an individual piece?
A stranger who follows me on Instagram bought a piece of mine some weeks ago and told me it was the first work of art he’d ever purchased. I love the notion of having opened the door for someone to begin collecting. That felt like a gift.
3. What’s one thing you’d like everyone to know about you as an artist?
I’m a poet too. Imagine devices like meter, rhyme, personification, and phrasing finding expression in the language and texture of paint.
4. What was the last piece of art that you saw that blew you away?
J.M.W. Turner’s “Flares in High Seas” at the Clark Art Institute.
5. What’s something you haven’t done but you want to do in art/painting?
Play on larger sheets of canvas.
6. Which artist do you like better - Ingres or Delacroix, and why?
Dionysian Delacroix for pushing outside the lines and exploding color and story. Very punk.
Click Here to purchase fine art for sale by Tamsin